Meet Dejchart, English speaking taxi motorcyclist

Bangkok:- A motorcycle-taxi driver in Bangkok has become famous in recent years not for anything related to his rides – but for his English fluency.
Dejchart Puangket, 43, looks like any other men at motorcycle-taxi stands until he starts speaking the foreign language. And he is self taught. 
www.princedesign.com
“I didn’t have the privilege of proper schooling,” he told ASTV Manager, “But that doesn’t prevent me from trying to learn to speak English”.
Hailed from the northeastern province of Si Sa Ket, Dejchart came to Bangkok to look for work. He said once in the capital, he often ran into foreigners looking for help with direction. 
“I wanted to help but I could not. So, I told myself that I must do something to be able to communicate with them. I wouldn’t just say No No No anymore,” he said.
Dejchart was a factory worker at the time he bought his first dictionary. 
“I carried the dictionary with me and read it whenever I had free time,” he said. 
His friends and colleagues initially taunted him, asking if why he would want to speak English given that he could not even speak standard Thai language clearly. 
“But I refused to give up,” Dejchart said. He said after some five or six years of self-taught practice, he mustered the courage to speak to foreigners.
“From then, I can learn a lot more from practice with native speakers,” Dejchart said, “For example, it know the rain can be called a shower. And a native speaker will tell me that it can be referred to as a drizzle too”.
Source: ThaiVisa
Meet Dejchart, English speaking taxi motorcyclist Meet Dejchart, English speaking taxi motorcyclist Reviewed by Admin on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.